Friday, October 4, 2013

Halloween Decor On A Budget

Halloween Decor On A Budget

This October is a little different than the past, as I am officially on maternity leave (at 37 weeks VERY pregnant) and we are back to being a one income family. While I love Halloween and the cute and spooky decor that comes with it, I wasn't sure I was going to be able to make it happen this year, which made me very sad since it is our first Halloween in our new home. However, thanks to some great dollar store bargains, some freebies from family members decor overflow, and a few thrifted items I was able to make a few small things go a long way. My total budget was only $25! What do you think? 


My mantle: $1 banner from thrift store, three candle holders (ghost, pumpkin, cat) $.75 each thrifted, $1 netting from Dollar Tree, stuffed witch, a few plastic spiders, and light up pumpkins gifted from MIL who had too much Halloween decor to put out in her house.

Spider wreath was a gift from my mom, picked up for $4 at Big Lots after Halloween last year.

These cuties were 2 for $1 at Dollar Tree 

Table Runner was also gifted from MIL, she wasn't big into the skulls, and got it on sale at end of season last year at a pharmacy. Was less than $5

$1 Witches stocking thrifted locally. 

$2 floor mat picked up end of season last year.

Pumpkins, bat, and Hello Kitty bat were all gifted as overflow from the moms houses. (Never say no to freebies!)

Pumpkin and Box were both $1 each from Dollar Tree. The box is perfect size for a back up roll of t.p. 

Love my Halloween banner that I picked up for $1 at Dollar Tree

These cute little bat cut outs come in a pack of 10 for $1 at Dollar Tree. I hung them in all of the front windows of the house. 


No comments:

Post a Comment