Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Working It Out Wednesday: Just starting out

For most people "lose weight" usually makes it onto their new years resolutions list. This is a great idea, but a lot don't even know where to start! Pinterest is a wonderful resource for work out and fitness knowledge these days. They have hundreds of links to YouTube free work outs, daily work out routines, and even weight loss support groups. Even if you can't afford the magazine subscription, you can follow mags on Pinterest such as Women's Health, and Fitness Magazine, or visit their sites directly, for some wonderful tips and tricks. One other fantastic resource that I use A LOT is from Skinny Mom. This site is sheer awesomeness for work out routines, recipes, and other healthy living tips.

Here is a look at my daily work out since having my son 13 weeks ago. I have lost 30 pounds so far, and still have 15 to go, BUT if I can do it with a newborn, you can do it too! I wake up every morning and do this,  to get my blood pumping and get myself motivated. Done right, it will give you more of a jump start than any cup-o-joe!

Stretching
60 second plank (by end of next month I want to be at 90 seconds, and within 2 months, to be at 2 minutes)
50 jumping jacks
40 bicycle crunches
30 bicep curls (sing two 8 lb weights picked up for cheap at Walmart)
20 deep squats
10 push ups (the real ones ladies, you got this!)

This takes me no time at all, it makes me feel fantastic, and gives me a real jump start. I also do the same thing before my shower in the evening.


This is the system I will be starting next month, but the running will be done inside as I have such a small baby that I can't take out to run in this cold weather. I will let you know how it goes!

Workout

No comments:

Post a Comment