Thursday, February 20, 2014

Therapeutic Thursday: 6 Ways I Use Coconut Oil

There seem to be a million and one links out there on what you can use coconut oil for. I am sure I haven't even scratched the surface of its uses, but for me, the few things I do use it for, make it well worth the purchase. Sadly, my local Aldi has yet to start carrying it (I should write a letter), so when I do have to hit up the dreaded Walmart for a few other items, like our dog food, I pick up a few jars of coconut oil to have on hand. Here are my top 6 uses for this awesome staple!


1. Eye make-up remover- this stuff will bust up even the toughest of eye make up!

2. Age defense- so not only does it remove your eye make up, but if left on, it can also help fight those dreaded crows feet around your eyes! I use it at night, and it soaks right it. It is NEVER to early to start an anti-aging regiment.

3. Cuticle cream- I have tried many of these creams over the years, as a massage therapist who washed her hands a bazillion times a day, and nothing has worked as well as pure coconut oil to soften, and prevent cuticle damage from over drying.

4. Stretch mark banishment- after having my baby 4 months ago I had terrible stretch marks on my breasts. I mixed up a batch of mostly coconut oil with a little added raw organic shea butter for thickness/consistency, and they have faded dramatically in just 4 months!

5. Milk production- I don't know if this works for everyone, but I can tell a difference in my breast milk production when I add a few tablespoons of the oil to my morning cup-a-joe.

6. Frizz Tamer- Don't go overboard, or you will get oily locks, but just a bit on your hands, then run through your damp hair, give your hair a lovely added shine, ad tames the frizz. It can also be used as a deep conditioning treatment if you use a lot of it, and place a shower cover over the head to keep the heat in. Leave on for about an hour, and then wash out. I have only done this once, as I don't seem to have as much time on my hands these days.

This is the jar I usually have at all times in my pantry:

Organic Coconut Oil

No comments:

Post a Comment