Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Trendy Tuesday: Pregnancy frocks for less

I was very worried when my belly (and everything else) started to grow, that I would either have to give up my personal style, or pay through the nose to get what I wanted, but thankfully I was very wrong! I was so pleasantly surprised to find MANY bargains at my local thrift shops and even some "big box" stores. I just had to think outside of the maternity box. Almost all maternity items I ever purchased (and their weren't many) were jeans, and they all came from thrift stores, at a total (for all 4 pairs) of just $8! The one splurge I did give myself was a pregnancy bathing suit for $30 from Target, as I was pregnant all summer. Here are some examples of outfits I wore throughout my prego days, and the cost of it all. 




  • $1 skull headband from Walmart
  • $5 XL t-shirt from JC Penny's (from the juniors department)
  • $2 maternity jeans with full belly stretch band from thrift store
  • $4 jewelry from Claire's



  • $2 XL tank top from Rugged Warehouse from women's department
  • $2 maternity full belly stretch band capri jeans from thrift store
  • $5 Jewelry from Claire's




  • $10 t-shirt from Whole Foods.Whole Body (softest tee's on the planet)
  • $2 maternity stretch full belly band skinny jeans from thrift store
  • $6 jewelry from etsy



  • $4 vest from Kohls women's department
  • $6 cami tank top from Kohls junior department
  • $2 maternity full belly stretch skinny jeans from thrift store
  • $4 jewelry from Claire's




  • $3 vest from Rugged Warehouse
  • $6 cami tank top from Kohls Juniors Department
  • $2 maternity stretch full belly band capri jeans 
  • $5 jewelry from Claire's


I was pregnant all summer, so my hair was up in a bun pretty much every single day! So I had to accessorize to take some of the attention away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment