Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Work On It Wednesday:12 Steps To Closet Organization

I kept saying "when I get more baskets I will organize my closet", and it had sort of just turned into an excuse. So, I finally decided I can at least organize the closet into the systems I wanted to use, and then decide how many baskets I needed, and purchase those after the project. I like the way it turned out with the items I use most in the middle, and other items on either end. Now I need to find some cute and affordable baskets, or find a cool way to DIY them myself! 



This was the system I implemented, that worked best for me:

On shelves above hang rack I made neat stacks of-
1. graphic t-shirts
2. solid colored t-shirts
3. tank tops
4. cami tops
5. solid color leggings
6. printed leggings
7. all colors of denim (blue jeans, leopard printed denim, jeggings, etc.)

Hanging-
8. evening or "dressy" and skirts
9. day dresses or long shirts
10. earth tone shirts and cardigans
11.cool colors and dark printed shirts and cardigans
12. sweaters and outer wear

How do you organize your closet space?

No comments:

Post a Comment