Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Work On It Wednesday: Laundry Room Organization

For this "work on it Wednesday" I decided to tackle my laundry room. On laundry day I usually just throw it all into a pile, and sort it as I load, but that was making me crazy, and the laundry mountain (which is very tame in the picture compared to when I start the week) was just really, really bad. 

So for just $10 I bought 4 pop up hampers for sorting into whites, darks, colors, and towels. I also got one little basket for the little man's clothes (I have to wash them separately in Dreft for his sensitive skin).

I then tackled the upper shelf and put things where they belong, like the coat that had been "hanging dry" for almost a month now. The laundry detergent on the left end was what I had when we moved in, and it doesn't work in our new h.e. washer, so I set this aside to give to my mom to use the next time she visits, so it doesn't go to waste. 

It is amazing the difference a few cheap baskets and 20 minutes can make!




Now to decorate the laundry room! 

No comments:

Post a Comment